Merry (belated) Christmas!
Happy (belated) New Year!
Festive, Stress Free (belated) packout!
So, since the last time I posted a few things have happened. We spent a wonderful Christmas Eve and Day with Matt's family, and a traditional day-after-Christmas (fake the toddler out that it's really Christmas Day) with my family. The Christmas Eve party was the first time many of the extended family had really heard of our big move and I may have channeled the careers.state.gov website for a few hours. I did attempt to avoid using that much beloved State Department maxim "It Depends..." but really, everything depends...
We also played Top Golf for the first time! I was really bad at it - using a driver (that should be used for 150-200 yard shots) I was only able to get about 50 yards. Oh well, it was fun!
 |
| The one picture that makes it look like I know what I'm doing. |
So, after an enjoyable end to 2014, we headed back to Austin for our final push at craigslisting away all our furniture and piling up everything we own into different parts of our little apartment. Meanwhile, this is what I was seeing on facebook from Washington DC...
 |
| eek! |
So with that in mind, we bundled up, packed out, loaded up the car, and hit the road for DC.
 |
| Ellie in her little nest in the back seat. |
 |
| Before leaving Texas, one last Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit! |
 |
| As the trip progressed, her nest was encroached upon by our stuff... |
 |
| And then in western Virginia we encountered... |
Snow. So much snow.
Luckily it wasn't snowing when we arrived in DC, so we checked into our apartment, immediately rearranged the furniture, and unpacked the car.
 |
| Ellie is loving the new window! |
 |
| She is Batdog. And this brown couch is not my choice. |
Well, that's the story of our cross-country move to the capital. Can't really plan to do much stuff in DC just yet because it's literally freezing every day for the forseeable future, but I'm looking forward to exploring soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment