28 July 2014

TV Show - Ambassadors (Series One)


This show, oh my gosh this show. I have rewatched the first season three times and I love it more with every viewing.


As evidenced in my earlier review of In the Loop, I'm a bit of a fan of British satire. Despite not having the delightful Peter Capaldi to curse his way across the fictionalized former Soviet republic of Tazbekistan, this show is a gift that keeps on giving. A black comedy (that, if it's commissioned for a second series will be reformatted as a straight drama) that pokes fun at diplomats of all stripes and the delicate dance of conflicting priorities.

R-L: The lovely American Ambassador, the distraught British Ambassador, and the despotic Tazbek President
Possibly the best part are the scenes with the two Tazbek security guards who listen to everything in the embassy and the ambassador's residence and provide a running commentary on the goings-on.

Sadly it hasn't been released yet for syndication, but keep an eye out for the next series or if it hits netflix. I know it's available on iTunes in the UK, but not yet in the US.


Rating: Seven toasts of vodka to the Mighty Ibex, that the French Ambassador shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment